How do I self monitor my exercise?

A great way to self monitor your exercise is to keep an exercise journal, just like you would a food journal. Write down what you did for each exercise session, how you felt before and after the session, your energy levels, things you found easy, and things you found challenging. Keeping an exercise journal is also a great way to monitor progress towards your goals.
Self monitoring exercise is being aware of all the impacts of exercise physically and psychologically. Once you are aware of the positive impacts of exercise you can continue to move in that direction. Once you are aware of any negative impacts of exercise, you can change or rearrange them so as to move in a more positive direction.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

Why should I track my exercise progress?
Documenting your exercising routine is essential because it enables you to see progress. Learn more ...
How can I measure the intensity of my exercise?
How can I measure the intensity of my exercise? To measure the intensity of a workout, purchase a fi...
How do I determine my fitness level?
How do I determine my fitness level? There are three exercise factors that reveal a lot about a pers...
What is oxygen uptake?
Oxygen uptake is the ability to use oxygen. Learn more from our experts about oxygen uptake.