question

How can I know if my erection problems are physical or psychological?

Good In Bed
Good In Bed
answer
When dealing with erectile problems or erectile dysfunction the cause may not be clear. However, there are some basic ways to gain a better sense of what might he might be experiencing. To do this, a man can think about how his body responds in various situations.

The first assignment is to assess what medications a man is taking that may interfere with his sexual functioning.

The second assignment is to take note if he has an erection during the night or upon awakening. This body response is known as nocturnal penile tumescence and can indicate that he's able to have an erection. If a guy isn't sure, he can wrap a very thin and narrow piece of tissue paper around his flaccid penis, secured with a little bit of scotch tape. It's likely that if he has an erection when he's sleeping the paper will break to some degree. If a guy easily gets an erection during sleep, but not in other situations, the cause is likely psychological. If however, he can't tell or an erection isn't happening, the reason is likely physical.

The third assignment is for a man to consider his experience with masturbation. If a guy can get aroused when he's alone and not when he's with a partner, the cause is psychological.

While these are only three basic facets of physical and psychological causes they can help determine what type of expert to contact in an effort to understand what is going on and who to see for help.

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction

4 Lifestyle Habits That May Lower the Risk of Erectile Dysfunction
If you’ve watched TV in the last few decades, you’ve probably seen ads for a variety of drugs that claim to improve the symptoms of erectile dysfuncti...
What Causes Erectile Dysfunction?
What Causes Erectile Dysfunction?
Many men associate virility with overall health, so it's no wonder that the idea of diminished virility or erectile dysfunction (ED) can be a dismal t...
Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
No one wants to admit it, but erection problems are common, occurring in 15 to 30 million men. Here are several lifestyle changes that may help you tu...
Does erectile dysfunction mean that I am infertile?
Does erectile dysfunction mean that I am infertile? Erectile dysfunction and infertility are very di...