Could changes in my skin color be a complication of eczema?

Eczema causes itching and dry skin that can turn into scales and cause a change in skin color. The changes should not be permanent. Eczema occurs most often on the arms and behind the knees, but it can appear anywhere on the body. It typically appears for a while and then goes away with proper treatment. Symptoms include extremely itchy patches that can become red, swollen, or cracked when scratched. Excessive scratching can damage your skin and cause infection. Consult a dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Eczema

Atopic Dermatitis: Understanding the Skin Barrier
You may have heard the terms “skin barrier” and “barrier function” in relation to skin care. Barrier function refers to the outermost layer of skin an...
How can I help my doctor assess my eczema?
Before you see a doctor about your eczema there are a few steps you can take to make both your lives...
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
Temperature changes can make eczema worse. Here's how to avoid breakouts.
Soothe Your Skin With the 7-Day Eczema Challenge