How can chewing gum help curb my appetite?

You could crush that three p.m. cookie craving just by chewing a little of this -- gum.

That's right. A study found that chewing gum can really put the kibosh on your afternoon appetite in a big way.

People who chew either sweetened or sugar-free gum after lunch feel full longer, have fewer hunger pangs, have fewer cravings for sweets and eat fewer afternoon snacks compared with people who don't chew gum.

How does chomping gum suppress hunger? It's simple. When you eat, your taste buds are stimulated by the food. But the cool thing is that exposure to the tastes and smells of food also lessens how good it tastes. That, in turn, is one of the cues that signal your brain that you're full, so cravings go away. Chewing gum may have this same effect -- but without all the calories!

Continue Learning about Controlling Appetite

How to Crush a Craving—Fast
How to Crush a Craving—Fast
Here's how to quickly and easily crush a craving for chocolate: Use your feet. Literally. A walk worked wonders for a small group of chocoholics. Whe...
Why is it difficult to ignore hunger?
Manuel VillacortaManuel Villacorta
Don't fight hunger. Embrace hunger. Ignoring hunger can make you overeat at the end. Hunger hormone ...
How can I perform the energetic remedy for diet and appetite control?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
Perform the following steps to provide the energetic remedy for diet and appetite control:1.Cord-cut...
Daydream Your Food Cravings Away
Daydream Your Food Cravings Away