What is chemoimmunotherapy?

William D. Knopf, MD
Chemoimmunotherapy is chemotherapy combined with immunotherapy. Chemotherapy uses different drugs to kill or slow the growth of cancer cells; immunotherapy uses treatments to stimulate or restore the ability of the immune system to fight cancer.
This answer is based upon source information from the National Cancer Institute

Continue Learning about Chemotherapy For Cancer

Dancing Away from Chemo-Induced Neuropathy
When Tina Fey played real-life war correspondent Kim Barker in the movie Whiskey Tango Foxtrot some reviewers thought the script was off-balance. The ...
What is chemoembolization?
William D. Knopf, MDWilliam D. Knopf, MD
Chemoembolization is a procedure in which the blood supply to the tumor is blocked surgically or mec...
How can I eat when I am nauseous from chemotherapy?
Cheryl TaylorCheryl Taylor
The BRAT diet is a good option to eat when nauseous. It is Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast.
How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?