What is chemoimmunotherapy?

William D. Knopf, MD
Chemoimmunotherapy is chemotherapy combined with immunotherapy. Chemotherapy uses different drugs to kill or slow the growth of cancer cells; immunotherapy uses treatments to stimulate or restore the ability of the immune system to fight cancer.
This answer is based upon source information from the National Cancer Institute

Continue Learning about Chemotherapy For Cancer

How Cooling Caps Can Prevent Hair Loss During Chemo
As a trillion-ton iceberg calved from the Larsen C Icecap on Antarctica, scientists warned it’s just the beginning: 90 percent of the ice shelves on t...
Can chemotherapy cause elevated blood sugar?
Yes. Unfortunately, chemotherapy can cause elevated blood sugar levels. Depending on the type of che...
How is apheresis used in high-dose chemotherapy for cancer?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
Apheresis is the procedure during which blood is withdrawn, a portion separated and retained, and th...
How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?