What are some examples of cardiovascular exercises?

Rose Reisman
Cardiovascular exercise strengthens your heart, increases your lung capacity and creates endurance. Here are several heart and lung strengthening exercises:
  • Running
  • Brisk walking
  • Swimming
  • Biking
  • Working out on cardio equipment
  • Aerobic classes or DVDs
When the exercise becomes too easy, which usually means that you can have a full-blown conversation, then it's time to bump up the intensity. You have to up the ante if you want continued results.
Rose Reisman's Secrets for Permanent Weight Loss: With 150 Delicious and Healthy Recipes for Success

For the journey toward healthier living. Losing weight can be a constant and frustrating struggle. Rose Reisman's Permanent Weight Loss Solutions creates a blueprint for lifelong weight control that...

Continue Learning about Cardio

Get Your Feet Wet: Health Benefits of Swimming
No stinky sneakers, no sweat-drenched T-shirts. If that isn't enough to get you to a pool long after summer has passed—doing laps, water aerobics, or ...
What should I know before I try aerobics?
Before you try aerobics it is important to visit your doctor to ensure you are healthy enough for ae...
What kind of cardio training can I do to lower my resting heart rate?
Having a high resting heart rate could be a sign of an unfit individual or a sign of over traini...
4 Tips to Maximize Your Cardio Workouts
4 Tips to Maximize Your Cardio Workouts