What kind of cancer does E!’s Giuliana Rancic have?

Ajay K. Sahajpal, MD
Transplant Surgery
She likely has DCIS or Ductal Carcinoma Insitu that was found on a mammogram. It often presents as microcalcifications on a mammogram and triggers further testing.
In 2011, Giuliana Rancic, reporter for E! revealed she had breast cancer. Rancic and her husband had been trying to have a baby through in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatments. Before her third treatment attempt, her doctor told her she should have a mammogram. It was then her breast cancer was discovered.

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer

Watch Out for Breast Cancer by Watching Your Waist
Inflation isn’t the only thing that’s risen in the past few decades (what cost $25 in 1965 would ring up as $188.77 today)—waist sizes have as well. I...
What does it mean if my breast cancer has “spread”?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
A critical question about cancer is whether or not it has spread to other organs in your body. Cance...
5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors
5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors5 Workouts for Breast Cancer Survivors
These gentle workouts can help breast cancer survivors combat some of the effects of treatment, including pain, fatigue, stress and weight gain.
6 Steps to Avoid BPA
6 Steps to Avoid BPA