What are advantages of the breast crease incision for breast augmentation?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
Breast implants can be placed through incisions made under the breast in the crease, around the areola, in the armpit, or through the belly button.

I prefer the incision in the breast crease. It is impossible to see unless the woman is lying down nude. If done properly, even when she is naked the incision should be hard to see. The operation is simplest in this location. Simple is good for the doctor, and good for the patient. Simple translates to a lower chance of complications. Specifically, this location is associated with the lowest chance of a misplaced implant.
Straight Talk about Cosmetic Surgery (Yale University Press Health & Wellness)

The public’s recent exuberance toward cosmetic surgery has spurred an unprecedented demand for appearance-changing procedures. But how can an average consumer discern the hype from solid truth? ...

Continue Learning about Breast Augmentation

Why may I need breast implant surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Breast implant surgery is useful for both cosmetic and reconstructive needs. For patients that have ...
What activities will I need to avoid after breast implant surgery?
Some of the issues that we try to impress upon our patients during the postoperative visit after...
What Is a Breast Expander?
What Is a Breast Expander?
Will Insurance Cover Any Part of Breast Augmentation Surgery Costs?