What role do the clitoris and urethra play in sexual stimulation?

Emily Nagoski
Emily Nagoski on behalf of Good In Bed

Most of the time, the clitoris is the center of a woman’s erotic world. In fact, 95% of women masturbate with no vaginal stimulation at all. G-spot stimulation is therefore a departure into a new world of sensation for a lot of women.

Between the clitoris and the vagina is the small, sometimes nearly invisible opening of the urethra, which leads to the bladder. This area is extremely sensitive, and women vary a lot in whether or not stimulation here feels erotic. For some women, it just feels like they have to pee.
The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

Want to learn how to achieve 487 different kinds of orgasms?If so, you’re reading the wrong guidebook. Despite what many in the media would have you believe, there’s no such thing as a rainbow...

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

Why should my partner see a doctor if he has delayed ejaculation?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Get a clean bill of health for your partner if he has delayed ejaculation (DE) -- consistent trouble...
As a man, how can I help my partner reach orgasm?
Good In BedGood In Bed
Sex isn't necessarily better when it's longer. If you're not hitting all the right spots, she's not ...
How can I improve my ability to orgasm?
The better you know your body, the better your chance of having a fulfilling sex life. However, wome...
How can I enjoy sex if my partner has premature ejaculation?
Sari CooperSari Cooper
It is important that a man's partner be gentle and direct about the frustration they're feeling rega...