What role do the clitoris and urethra play in sexual stimulation?

Emily Nagoski
Emily Nagoski on behalf of Good In Bed

Most of the time, the clitoris is the center of a woman’s erotic world. In fact, 95% of women masturbate with no vaginal stimulation at all. G-spot stimulation is therefore a departure into a new world of sensation for a lot of women.

Between the clitoris and the vagina is the small, sometimes nearly invisible opening of the urethra, which leads to the bladder. This area is extremely sensitive, and women vary a lot in whether or not stimulation here feels erotic. For some women, it just feels like they have to pee.
The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

Want to learn how to achieve 487 different kinds of orgasms?If so, you’re reading the wrong guidebook. Despite what many in the media would have you believe, there’s no such thing as a rainbow...

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

How can I have an orgasm if I am not trying to?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
Learn to enjoy the lovely sensation of sexual arousal. You’re watching your arousal grow. You’re rel...
As a man, how can I help my partner reach orgasm?
Good In BedGood In Bed
Sex isn't necessarily better when it's longer. If you're not hitting all the right spots, she's not ...
What medications can cause delayed ejaculation?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
A number of medications can have delayed ejaculation (DE) as a side effect. Tops on the list are...
How can I give a woman an orgasm without intercourse?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
In my experience, one of the most effective and satisfying ways to get a woman off is with oral sex,...