Can I give myself an orgasm?

It's possible to have an orgasm without having sexual intercourse and even without another person. You can give yourself an orgasm through masturbation. Masturbation involves sexually stimulating yourself by touching your sex organs. For many people, masturbation is a good way to discover what feels good and to learn how to have orgasms. Once you find things that feel good on your own, you can use those techniques when you're with a partner to help you have an orgasm.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

Can orgasms be caused by anything other than sex?
Orgasms can be caused by almost any type of sexual activity, not just sexual intercourse. Oral sex a...
Can I have an orgasm without realizing it?
The intensity of an orgasm may vary from person to person, but people usually realize that they're h...
Can alcohol cause delayed ejaculation?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
A small amount of alcohol may put you in the mood for sex, but larger quantities can impair not only...
How does age affect the ability to orgasm?
As people age, their bodies go through changes that may affect their sexuality, including their abil...