Can I give myself an orgasm?

It's possible to have an orgasm without having sexual intercourse and even without another person. You can give yourself an orgasm through masturbation. Masturbation involves sexually stimulating yourself by touching your sex organs. For many people, masturbation is a good way to discover what feels good and to learn how to have orgasms. Once you find things that feel good on your own, you can use those techniques when you're with a partner to help you have an orgasm.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

How can I give a woman an orgasm without intercourse?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
In my experience, one of the most effective and satisfying ways to get a woman off is with oral sex,...
How can I cope with delayed ejaculation?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
Focus more on foreplay during sex. The spark of novelty, anticipation, sharing fantasies and other p...
Why should my partner see a doctor if he has delayed ejaculation?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Get a clean bill of health for your partner if he has delayed ejaculation (DE) -- consistent trouble...
Why is orgasm hard to achieve early in a relationship?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
A woman is less likely to have orgasms early in a relationship. Her body needs time to adapt to the ...