question

Can I give myself an orgasm?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Donna Hill Howes, RN
answer

It's possible to have an orgasm without having sexual intercourse and even without another person. You can give yourself an orgasm through masturbation. Masturbation involves sexually stimulating yourself by touching your sex organs. For many people, masturbation is a good way to discover what feels good and to learn how to have orgasms. Once you find things that feel good on your own, you can use those techniques when you're with a partner to help you have an orgasm.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

How can I give a woman an orgasm without intercourse?
One of the most effective and satisfying ways to get a woman off is with oral sex. That’s only true,...
What medications can cause delayed ejaculation?
What medications can cause delayed ejaculation? Medications, such as antidepressants, can have delay...
Why is orgasm hard to achieve early in a relationship?
Learn more from our experts about why orgasm is hard to achieve early in a relationship.
Is something wrong if I don't orgasm every time I have sex?
Being able to orgasm depends on many circumstances, so should you orgasm every time you have sex? Fi...