The intensity of an orgasm may vary from person to person, but people usually realize that they're having an orgasm. Most of the time, an orgasm is the climax of sexual arousal that results in a release of sexual tension. For many people, this feels like a very pleasurable pulsing or throbbing in their pelvic and genital areas. Most people feel those muscle contractions pretty intensely, but some people may experience a milder tingling sensation. Regardless of the level of intensity, most people are able to feel the sense of release that's caused by an orgasm, meaning most people realize when they're having one.
- Q Can I give myself an orgasm?
- Q As a man, how can I help my partner reach orgasm?
- Q How can I have an orgasm if I am not trying to?
- Q Why is orgasm hard to achieve early in a relationship?
- Q How can I improve my ability to orgasm?
- Q Can orgasms be caused by anything other than sex?