Why should I drink water when eating high-fiber foods?

Together, fiber and water keep your food bulky and soft so it can move easily through your system without putting too much pressure on your intestines. Remember, without water, fiber often turns to cement.

The combo of fiber and water also makes you feel full, which helps your overall health, because it keeps you from eating other things that are more likely to lead to problems associated with obesity, like heart disease and diabetes.

Where to get it? Fiber is found in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, oats, beans, and some cereals. Your goal: 25 grams a day for women and 35 grams a day for men. And don't forget the water.

Continue Learning about Water

Common Signs and Symptoms of Dehydration
A thirst for knowledge; a thirst for power; people get thirsty for lots of things. But that’s not surprising when you consider that our bodies are bet...
Why should I drink lots of water while on a slow-carb diet?
Tim FerrissTim Ferriss
To ensure optimal liver function for fat-loss, increased hydration is a must. Insufficient water int...
How do mechanical water filters work?
Environmental Working Group (EWG)Environmental Working Group (EWG)
Mechanical filters are a common water filtration technology. Like ceramic filters, these filters are...
Dieting? Drink Water to Lose Weight
Dieting? Drink Water to Lose Weight