question

What supplements should I take after thyroid surgery?

American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
answer

Following thyroid surgery, if signs of low calcium level occur, then calcium and/or vitamin D pills may be advised. These levels are straightforward to follow with a simple blood test and respond very well to the supplements. Currently, most calcium supplements have vitamin D with them to allow for better absorption.

Continue Learning about Thyroid Disorders

What You Need to Know About Thyroid Disorders
The thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland at the base of the neck, above the collarbones. The thyroid makes hormones that regulate your body’s me...
Must-Know Facts About Your Thyroid
Must-Know Facts About Your Thyroid
The small, butterfly-shaped endocrine gland at the bottom of your throat, otherwise known as the thyroid, is responsible for much of your body’s funct...
Is Thyroid Eye Disease Impacting Your Sleep?
Thyroid eye disease (TED) is a condition that affects some people with certain thyroid conditions. The most common thyroid condition associated with T...
What foods should I avoid if I have an underactive thyroid?
If you have an underactive thyroid, some foods to avoid are raw cruciferous veggies and processed so...