Does drinking water cause bloating?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
Drinking a lot of water does not directly cause bloating, but it can exacerbate bloating if you are eating too much salt, or not eating enough potassium. Watch me explain exactly how water is related to bloating.
Myths about water retention

Many people think that drinking too much water will make them bloated and become heavier but the opposite is true. The more water you drink, the more water and waste products your body will flush out. This will help your body get rid of harmful toxins, feel less bloated, and lose more weight over time.

Continue Learning about Water & The Body