What are some movement characteristics seen in volleyball?

Volleyball can be characterized by movement patterns including first-step quickness, multiplanar movement (movement in all directions), level changes (up and down movement), deceleration (slowing down movement), and high-levels of force production (producing movement quickly). The key is to participate in a performance program that moves you through all movement patterns in order to avoid overuse injury.

Continue Learning about Volleyball

Should all volleyball players wear ankle braces?
No, all volleyball players should not wear ankle braces. Braces and tape should only be used when ...
Should I be stretching after the volleyball game?
Yes, you should stretch after playing volleyball. Performing a cool-down routine after playing i...
How can I assess my lateral speed for volleyball?
The shark skill test is a great assessment that measures front-to-back movement, lateral movemen...
What are the most important tests for volleyball?
Performance tests such as a shark skill test along with a vertical jump test is suggested. The s...