What vitamins can I take if I'm using statin drugs?

If you take statin drugs, talk to your doctor before taking any supplements. Certain supplements may benefit people who take statins. For example, there is some evidence that taking supplements of coenzyme Q10 may reduce the muscle soreness that statins sometimes cause. However, taking niacin (vitamin B3) supplements along with a statin medication may worsen muscle soreness. Your doctor can help you determine what supplements, if any, might be right for you.

Continue Learning about Vitamins

Biotin: The Vitamin for Healthy Nails
Biotin: The Vitamin for Healthy Nails
Of all the nutritional supplements touted for treating nails that split, break, and peel, only one has gotten a universal thumbs-up from science: biot...
The One Type Of Vitamin Many Women Need
The One Type Of Vitamin Many Women Need
For many people, eating a healthy, balanced diet is the best way to get the vitamins and minerals your body needs. But even a very healthy diet might ...
Why do some vitamins make me nauseous?
Why do some vitamins make me nauseous? Vitamins can cause frequent nausea. In this video, Dr. Oz dis...
Does a Multivitamin Make Sense for You? It Depends