What is a repetition?

A repetition can be defined as one complete movement of a particular exercise.Repetitions are simply a means to count the number of exercise movements performed in a given amount of time.Changing the tempo of repetitions directly affects the amount of time that the muscles are kept under tension.The total time that the muscles are under tension during exercise determine what response they will have from the training program. For example, muscle endurance is best achieved by performing 12-25 repetitions, muscle size is best achieved by performing 8-12 repetitions, and maximal muscle strength is best achieved by performing 1-5 repetitions.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

How Interval Training Can Lower Your RealAge
In his memoir Dream Weaver, musician Gary Wright describes how as a youth in New Jersey, he was taught to swim by Olympic gold medal swimmer and Tarza...
What exercises can I do in my pool?
You've heard it time and again: water exercise is a great way to build fitness, flexibility and stre...
Do-Anywhere Workout Plan
Do-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout PlanDo-Anywhere Workout Plan
This 14-move, excuse-proof workout is perfect for you.
What's a Workout I Can Do in Less Than 10 Minutes?