What are some examples of light, moderate, and heavy exercise?

Light exercise includes activities that do not cause you to break a sweat or produce shortness of breath. An example would be a leisurely walk or casual bike ride. Moderate exercise is exercise which causes you to break out in a light to moderate sweat or makes it difficult to carry on a long conversation. Good examples would be a
brisk walk, hiking on a nature trail, performing chores around the house. Heavy exercise causes you to sweat profusely and makes it difficult to carry on a conversation of any length. Some examples would be running around a track, heavy manual labor, or heavy weightlifting.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Should I take breaks when exercising?
Our experts explain the benefits of breaking during exercise.
Should I eat before I work out?
A good rule is to eat about 30 minutes before exercising. This will help maintain energy levels, foc...
What is an external rotation of the leg?
What is an external rotation of the leg? External rotation is rotating the anterior surface of a bon...
What are examples of moderate-intensity and vigorous-intensity activity?
What are examples of moderate-intensity and vigorous-intensity activity? Brisk walking is an example...