question

What are some examples of light, moderate, and heavy exercise?

National Academy of Sports Medicine
National Academy of Sports Medicine
answer

Light exercise includes activities that do not cause you to break a sweat or produce shortness of breath. An example would be a leisurely walk or casual bike ride. Moderate exercise is exercise which causes you to break out in a light to moderate sweat or makes it difficult to carry on a long conversation. Good examples would be a
brisk walk, hiking on a nature trail, performing chores around the house. Heavy exercise causes you to sweat profusely and makes it difficult to carry on a conversation of any length. Some examples would be running around a track, heavy manual labor, or heavy weightlifting.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

What is moderate exercise?
What is moderate exercise? Moderate exercise is the level of effort required by a person to do an ac...
How do I perform side to side tube walking?
How do I perform side to side tube walking? Place tubing around your ankles. Keeping your feet strai...
What is the principle of adaptation?
What is the principle of adaptation? The principle of adaptation refers to the body getting used to ...
How do I perform a LEFT Test?
How do I perform a LEFT Test? Place 2 cones, 10 yards apart. Sprint, back pedal, side shuffle then c...