question

How many days a week should I do abs to get an eight pack?

National Academy of Sports Medicine
National Academy of Sports Medicine
answer

Just like your other muscles, the abdominals require rest after workouts. The more important factor to focus on to let your abs show is your diet. Are you eating properly? The abdominals are used with every exercise you perform. The core forms the foundation for all movement, so, if you’re working out, you should be engaging your core with the various exercises you perform. If you are focusing strictly on the abdominals, perform 2-3 sets of 8-12 repetitions at a moderate to fast intensity. Do this 3 to 6 times per week, allowing at least one day of rest.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Should I eat before I work out?
A good rule is to eat about 30 minutes before exercising. This will help maintain energy levels, foc...
How do I perform side to side tube walking?
How do I perform side to side tube walking? Place tubing around your ankles. Keeping your feet strai...
How do I perform a LEFT Test?
How do I perform a LEFT Test? Place 2 cones, 10 yards apart. Sprint, back pedal, side shuffle then c...
Is cardio or circuit training better?
Is cardio or circuit training better? Both are important components of a well rounded fitness progra...