Is there follow-up required for tooth removal and extraction?

Whether follow up is needed varies upon your situation and your dentist can best advise. It is important to closely follow the post extraction care regimen that your dentist provides in order to avoid any complications. Should you experience pain, swelling or bleeding, then it will be necessary to see your dentist for additional follow up care.

In some cases, you may need to attend follow up visits for your tooth removal and extraction, but in some cases you may not. This will depend on the type of stitches that your dentist or oral surgeon uses and whether you experience any complications from the surgery. If you have regular stitches that do not dissolve over time, then you will need to schedule an appointment to have them removed. Additionally, if you experience pain, fever, or other complications after your surgery, you should make an appointment with your dentist or oral surgeon so they can help fix these problems.

Continue Learning about Tooth Extraction

Are there any risks associated with tooth extraction?
Are there any risks associated with tooth extraction? The most common risk of a tooth extraction is ...
How should I brush my teeth after a tooth extraction?
How should I brush my teeth after a tooth extraction? After a tooth extraction, do not clean the tee...
Could nerve damage happen in my face when a wisdom tooth is removed?
Many people can experience numbness or tingling in the face or jaw after their wisdom teeth are remo...
Will I have to be put to sleep to have a surgical tooth extraction?
Will I have to be put to sleep to have a surgical tooth extraction? You may not need to be completel...