How effective is hypnosis in treating premature ejaculation?

Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health

Hypnosis recordings are marketed online as a premature ejaculation (PE) cure. Proponents say that listening to these CDs will help by tapping into your subconscious and suggesting that you last longer.

The bottom line: While there’s good research to support other medical uses for hypnosis, curing PE isn’t one of them. Plus the primary causes of PE don’t appear to be psychological. For best results, you need a combination of treatments.

The Good in Bed Guide to Overcoming Premature Ejaculation

From the New York Times best-selling author of She Comes First arrives the definitive guide to managing premature ejaculation – a book that could save your sex life!Do you suffer from PE? Are you...

Continue Learning about Premature Ejaculation

Who experiences premature ejaculation?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
Although the stereotype of premature ejaculation (PE) tends to be a horny teenager who can’t control...
With premature ejaculation, why should I let my partner reach orgasm first?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
When she’s come first, it not only removes a lot of pressure, but also creates a context for you to ...
How Can Premature Ejaculation Affect My Relationships?
What Causes Premature Ejaculation (PE)?
What Causes Premature Ejaculation (PE)?