How effective is hypnosis in treating premature ejaculation?

Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health

Hypnosis recordings are marketed online as a premature ejaculation (PE) cure. Proponents say that listening to these CDs will help by tapping into your subconscious and suggesting that you last longer.

The bottom line: While there’s good research to support other medical uses for hypnosis, curing PE isn’t one of them. Plus the primary causes of PE don’t appear to be psychological. For best results, you need a combination of treatments.

The Good in Bed Guide to Overcoming Premature Ejaculation

From the New York Times best-selling author of She Comes First arrives the definitive guide to managing premature ejaculation – a book that could save your sex life!Do you suffer from PE? Are you...

Continue Learning about Premature Ejaculation

How do I know if I have premature ejaculation?
How do I know if I have premature ejaculation? Learn more from our experts about how you can tell if...
Why was premature ejaculation beneficial in our evolution?
Many years ago, the premature ejaculator was considered the superior male because he could fertilize...
Can Premature Ejaculation Be a Sign of a More Serious Health Problem?
Does Premature Ejaculation Get Better Over Time?