Is cervical mucus okay to swallow?

Emily Nagoski
Emily Nagoski on behalf of Good In Bed
As long as the cervical mucus isn't infected with anything that’s orally transmissible, you betcha! Like semen, the flavor of cervical mucus changes depending on your diet. Fried food and red meat seem to make it a bit more bitter and savory, whereas fresh fruits and veggies make it sweeter. Healthier diet = sweeter juice. No surprise there, surely.

Noticing a change in the smell of your fluids can give you early notice of yeast or other infection. And did you know the smell changes at ovulation, along with the texture?

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

7 Ways to Have Better Sex
7 Ways to Have Better Sex
Are you looking for a surefire way to better sex? There are so many factors that can affect your libido, so finding an answer may take some patience. ...
How important is blood flow during sex?
Good sex isn't just about blindfolds and finger paints. It's really about good blood flow. That ensu...
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?Is "Female Viagra" Right for You?
Two medications have been approved to treat female sexual dysfunction—but do they really work?
How Can I Pinpoint Why My Libido Is Low?