Is cervical mucus okay to swallow?

Emily Nagoski
Emily Nagoski on behalf of Good In Bed
As long as the cervical mucus isn't infected with anything that’s orally transmissible, you betcha! Like semen, the flavor of cervical mucus changes depending on your diet. Fried food and red meat seem to make it a bit more bitter and savory, whereas fresh fruits and veggies make it sweeter. Healthier diet = sweeter juice. No surprise there, surely.

Noticing a change in the smell of your fluids can give you early notice of yeast or other infection. And did you know the smell changes at ovulation, along with the texture?

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Why Should I Share Sexual Fantasies With My Partner?
Is the G-Spot Real?
Is the G-Spot Real?
Does Size Matter?
Does Size Matter?
How Can I Pinpoint Why My Libido Is Low?