question

How can I politely ask someone not to smoke around me?

Dr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
Dr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
Oncology
answer
Most people are understanding and will either put out a cigarette or move somewhere else. If they refuse, it is best for you to move somewhere else if this is possible. If you are in an area where smoking is prohibited, you should point this out to them and if they ignore it, find someone in charge to ask them to leave. You are really doing them a favor to make it difficult for them to smoke.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

Develop a Quit Smoking Plan That Really Works
Robin Miller, MD, explains why your doctor should be part of your smoking cessation team, plus some quit smoking tools that may help prevent slip-ups....
Is heavy cigarette smoking considered substance abuse?
Is heavy cigarette smoking considered substance abuse? Heavy cigarette and tobacco smoking equates t...
Can I smoke and not become addicted to nicotine?
Can I smoke and not become addicted to nicotine? It is possible but nicotine is a very addicting dru...
How to Quit Smoking Once and For All
How to Quit Smoking Once and For AllHow to Quit Smoking Once and For AllHow to Quit Smoking Once and For AllHow to Quit Smoking Once and For All
Say farewell to your cigarettes by sticking with this step-by-step plan. Quitting tobacco is one of the most important decisions a person can make. E...