Smoking Cessation 101
In order to quit smoking successfully, you'll need a plan to overcome nicotine withdrawal. Educate yourself on the common challenges of quitting and find inspiration to help you succeed.Take Our Quit Smoking Quiz
Kicking Butts: 50 Years of ProgressView the Slideshow
AskMDGet personalized advice on how to quit smoking and tobacco
Number of years that quitting smoking
adds to a woman's life
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Smoking Cessation Q&As
Michael Roizen, MD
How does quitting smoking affect aging?
Smoking one pack of cigarettes a day makes you over 8 years older than the nonsmoker. Cessation of smoking can . . .
- Q Why do smokers continue to smoke when they know it is not good for them?
- Q How many people around the world smoke cigarettes?
- Q Are people getting better about keeping their homes smoke-free?
- Q How common is smoking in people with mental illness?
- Q How do I stay free from smoking once I've completed treatment?
- Q What are the health effects of smoking a hookah pipe?
- Q Is there such a thing as a safe cigarette?
- Q Why do some people who smoke live longer than others?
- Q Why is it important for women to quit smoking?
- Q How long have humans been ingesting nicotine?