Smoking Cessation 101
In order to quit smoking successfully, you'll need a plan to overcome nicotine withdrawal. Educate yourself on the common challenges of quitting and find inspiration to help you succeed.Take Our Quit Smoking Quiz
Kicking Butts: 50 Years of ProgressView the Slideshow
AskMDGet personalized advice on how to quit smoking and tobacco
Number of years that quitting smoking
adds to a woman's life
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Smoking Cessation Q&As
Michael Roizen, MD
How does quitting smoking affect aging?
Smoking one pack of cigarettes a day makes you over 8 years older than the nonsmoker. Cessation of smoking can . . .
- Q Is vaping safer than smoking?
- Q What does cigar smoke contain?
- Q How can I make my workplace smoke-free?
- Q Do less people smoke in the U.S. than in the past?
- Q What is the bottom line for smokers who want to protect their health?
- Q What is nicotine?
- Q Can I quit smoking if I've tried and failed before?
- Q Does glamorizing smoking in movies impact smoking rates?
- Q What do the lower tar and nicotine numbers on cigarette packs mean?
- Q Is there second-hand smoke with e-cigarettes?