Smoking Cessation 101
In order to quit smoking successfully, you'll need a plan to overcome nicotine withdrawal. Educate yourself on the common challenges of quitting and find inspiration to help you succeed.Take Our Quit Smoking Quiz
Kicking Butts: 50 Years of ProgressView the Slideshow
AskMDGet personalized advice on how to quit smoking and tobacco
Number of years that quitting smoking
adds to a woman's life
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Smoking Cessation Q&As
Michael Roizen, MD
How does quitting smoking affect aging?
Smoking one pack of cigarettes a day makes you over 8 years older than the nonsmoker. Cessation of smoking can . . .
- Q Is vaping safer than smoking?
- Q Why do smokers continue to smoke when they know it is not good for them?
- Q Is there such a thing as a safe cigarette?
- Q What is tobacco?
- Q My friends say that smoking is cool. Should I believe them?
- Q How do I stay free from smoking once I've completed treatment?
- Q What is the Great American Smokeout?
- Q Why do some people who smoke live longer than others?
- Q What are the health effects of smoking a hookah pipe?
- Q How do I deal with weight gain when I quit smoking?
Recent Quit Smoking Articles
If you’re ready to get back the years smoking steals from your life, take control with our Action Plans.
Nixing the Nicotine Time to Quit Smoking. Period. Breathe Free Pledge: I Commit to Quit New Dangers From Second and Third-hand Smoke See All Articles