Smoking Cessation 101
In order to quit smoking successfully, you'll need a plan to overcome nicotine withdrawal. Educate yourself on the common challenges of quitting and find inspiration to help you succeed.Take Our Quit Smoking Quiz
Kicking Butts: 50 Years of ProgressView the Slideshow
AskMDGet personalized advice on how to quit smoking and tobacco
Number of years that quitting smoking
adds to a woman's life
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Smoking Cessation Q&As
Michael Roizen, MD
How does quitting smoking affect aging?
Smoking one pack of cigarettes a day makes you over 8 years older than the nonsmoker. Cessation of smoking can . . .
- Q Is vaping safer than smoking?
- Q What are the most dangerous chemicals in cigarettes?
- Q How do I know if I’m a light, average, or heavy smoker?
- Q Is heavy cigarette smoking considered substance abuse?
- Q How can I nudge my friends to stop smoking without being a nag?
- Q Does tobacco smoke contain harmful chemicals?
- Q How hard is it to break a nicotine addiction?
- Q What is the danger of third-hand smoke?
- Q Is it constitutional to ban smoking?
- Q What should I do if I start smoking again after I quit?