Smoking Cessation 101
In order to quit smoking successfully, you'll need a plan to overcome nicotine withdrawal. Educate yourself on the common challenges of quitting and find inspiration to help you succeed.Take Our Quit Smoking Quiz
Kicking Butts: 50 Years of ProgressView the Slideshow
AskMDGet personalized advice on how to quit smoking
Number of years that quitting smoking
adds to a woman's life
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Smoking Cessation Q&As
American Cancer Society
How can changing my habits help me quit smoking cigarettes?
Switching to juices or water instead of alcohol or coffee, taking a different route to work, or a brisk walk instead of a coffee break are all helpful habits for quitting smoking. Some other helpful habits are . . .
- Q What are the health concerns about smoking (vaping) caffeine?
- Q What is spice?
- Q Is vaping safer than smoking?
- Q What are pack years for a smoker?
- Q Are e-cigarettes less harmful to your heart than regular cigarettes?
- Q Is there second-hand smoke with e-cigarettes?
- Q Are e-cigarettes a safe alternative to traditional cigarettes?
- Q Are people getting better about keeping their homes smoke-free?
- Q How common is smoking in people with mental illness?
- Q Can I quit smoking if I've tried and failed before?
Recent Quit Smoking Articles
If you’re ready to get back the years smoking steals from your life, take control with our Action Plans.
FDA To Regulate E-Cigarettes Another Clear Reason to Quit Smoking: Cataracts Success Story: Eileen Stafford Quitting Smoking May Slow MS Progression See All Articles