Smoking Cessation 101
In order to quit smoking successfully, you'll need a plan to overcome nicotine withdrawal. Educate yourself on the common challenges of quitting and find inspiration to help you succeed.Take Our Quit Smoking Quiz
Kicking Butts: 50 Years of ProgressView the Slideshow
AskMDGet personalized advice on how to quit smoking
Number of years that quitting smoking
adds to a woman's life
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Smoking Cessation Q&As
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
How common is smoking in people with mental illness?
In the United States, 40% of men and 34% of women with mental illness are . . .
- Q What are the health concerns about smoking (vaping) caffeine?
- Q What is spice?
- Q Is vaping safer than smoking?
- Q What are pack years for a smoker?
- Q Are e-cigarettes less harmful to your heart than regular cigarettes?
- Q Is there second-hand smoke with e-cigarettes?
- Q Are e-cigarettes a safe alternative to traditional cigarettes?
- Q Are people getting better about keeping their homes smoke-free?
- Q How common is smoking in people with mental illness?
- Q Can I quit smoking if I've tried and failed before?
Recent Quit Smoking Articles
If you’re ready to get back the years smoking steals from your life, take control with our Action Plans.
E-Cigarettes Are Not Safer 5 Essential Facts About Smoking Do You Know What’s Smoking in that Cigarette? Time to Quit Smoking. Period. See All Articles