I miss the feeling of a cigarette in my mouth; what can I do?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
If you miss the feeling of a cigarette in your mouth, you can use non-nicotine alternatives to replace that feeling. Smoking is a habit or ritual and when you quit, you may miss the feeling of holding a cigarette in your hand and mouth. Replace the cigarette with flavored toothpicks, cinnamon sticks, or sugarless gum or candy. Even straws, chew sticks, and pretzel rods can help combat the psychological cravings of having a cigarette in your mouth.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

How to Quit Smoking in 5 Steps
How to Quit Smoking in 5 Steps
"Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it a hundred times!" If you've tried to stop puffing on coffin nails, Mark Twain's quotation rings oh-too-true. B...
How much does smoking cost society?
Dr. Robin H. Miller, MDDr. Robin H. Miller, MD
According to the Centers for Disease Control between the years of 1995 and 1999, smoking accounted f...
How can I deal with not wanting to quit smoking?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Being reluctant to quit, even though you would really like to quit, is basically the definition of a...
What is one way to stop nicotine cravings?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
If nicotine cravings continue to plague you, a new product might finally do the trick. Dr. Robin...