What are the benefits of eating with awareness?

Ruth Frechman

Eating with awareness will help you enjoy the flavor of foods, and it should allow you to eat less. Many times people eat because of their emotions. Life is full of stress. Many people use food as a way to cope, to forget, or to reward themselves. Food doesn't solve problems. Too much food will add excess pounds. Be aware of every bite. Learn to stop eating, when you feel just satisfied, not stuffed.

Heather R. Mangieri

Eating with awareness helps us to eat the right amount of food, avoid overeating and helps us to identify how certain foods make us feel. When we listen to what our body is telling us we can learn a lot. We should eat when we are hungry and stop when we are full. This awareness of hunger and satiety is important to maintain a healthy body weight and helpful to lose weight. Understanding how food makes us feel helps us to make better choices and feel good about our lifestyle.

Continue Learning about Psychology of Weight Loss

How does stress affect weight loss?
How does stress affect weight loss? Stress may be hindering your weight loss. Learn more from our ex...
How can stress affect my waistline?
How can stress affect my waistline? Stress triggers the release of the hormone cortisol which increa...
Are There Positives in How Our Relationships Affect Our Health?
What Role Does Psychology Play In Weight Management?