How should I moisturize my skin if I have psoriasis?

Your doctor or dermatologist will most likely recommend that you moisturize your psoriasis-affected skin every day, but talk with your doctor about the best options for your skin condition. Each case is unique, and you need a skin care treatment plan that is specifically designed for your needs.

One of the symptoms of psoriasis is very dry, white patches that look like scales, so moisturizing is an important step in your treatment. However, psoriasis may also burn or itch, so you should use a moisturizer made for sensitive skin. Your doctor may prescribe a cream, ointment, gel, or lotion that you can put on the affected area as part of your treatment plan.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

Genital Psoriasis and Sex
Genital Psoriasis and Sex
In addition to the day-to-day discomfort of living with genital psoriasis—which includes symptoms like itching, stinging, burning, pain and scaling in...
What is psoriasis?
Dr. Joshua A. Zeichner, MDDr. Joshua A. Zeichner, MD
Psoriasis is a chronic, inflammatory skin condition. It is considered an autoimmune disease, where t...
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
You might want to rethink hitting happy hour.
What Are the Symptoms of Psoriatic Arthritis?