How long does it take to cure onycholysis?

Curing onycholysis is a very long process that can only begin after the underlying causes are treated. Once the underlying cause is identified and treated, it can take four to six months for your nail to reattach and grow back. It can take twice this time for toenails. Even after healing, the appearance of your nail may be changed permanently.

Continue Learning about Onycholysis (Nail Lifting)

How is onycholysis related to a fungal infection?
A fungal infection can both cause and aggravate a case of onycholysis. In fact, nearly 50 percent of...
How does a bacterial infection affect onycholysis?
A bacterial infection often contributes to the development of onycholysis. If the bacterial infectio...
Does onycholysis affect men differently than women?
Women are more likely than men to develop onycholysis. This is probably due to the fact that they us...
Should I talk to my doctor about my onycholysis symptoms?
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of onycholysis, you should speak with your doctor. It is...