How do nail products affect onycholysis?

Depending on the type of treatment you are receiving, your nail treatment can have either a positive or negative effect on onycholysis. If you leave on nail polish for too long or if you use too much remover, your nails can become dry and develop onycholysis. Also, trauma to the nail bed because of manicuring tools can cause onycholysis. Too much moisture can cause onycholysis as well. It is best to use products that are not too aggressive and that foster moisture and good nutrients in the nail bed.

Continue Learning about Onycholysis (Nail Lifting)

Should I talk to my doctor about my onycholysis symptoms?
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of onycholysis, you should speak with your doctor. It is...
How long does it take to cure onycholysis?
Curing onycholysis is a very long process that can only begin after the underlying causes are treate...
Who is at risk for onycholoysis (nail lifting)?
Women are more likely than men to develop onycholysis. This is probably due to the fact that they us...
What are some other nail conditions besides onycholysis?
Other nail conditions besides onycholysis include conditions like Beau's lines, brittle nails, koilo...