Should I talk to my doctor about my onycholysis symptoms?

If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of onycholysis, you should speak with your doctor. It is important that you speak with him as soon as you begin to experience symptoms as this condition could be a sign of an underlying disorder. If left untreated, onycholysis has the potential to do permanent damage to the nail bed. As with any appointment, be sure to discuss the causes, symptoms, treatments, and complications associated with onycholysis.

Continue Learning about Onycholysis (Nail Lifting)

Is there a cure for onycholysis?
Onycholysis can usually be cured through good nail care, trimming, and regrowth. However, it is also...
What is onycholysis or nail lifting?
Onycholysis, or nail lifting, results when the nail gradually detaches from the finger or toe. This ...
How long does it take to cure onycholysis?
Curing onycholysis is a very long process that can only begin after the underlying causes are treate...
Who is at risk for onycholoysis (nail lifting)?
Women are more likely than men to develop onycholysis. This is probably due to the fact that they us...