Should I talk to my doctor about my onycholysis symptoms?

If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of onycholysis, you should speak with your doctor. It is important that you speak with him as soon as you begin to experience symptoms as this condition could be a sign of an underlying disorder. If left untreated, onycholysis has the potential to do permanent damage to the nail bed. As with any appointment, be sure to discuss the causes, symptoms, treatments, and complications associated with onycholysis.

Continue Learning about Onycholysis (Nail Lifting)

Can onycholysis be caused by my medications?
Onycholysis can develop as a reaction toward several different medications. These aggravating medica...
Can onycholysis be prevented?
Onycholysis can be prevented by consistent good nail care. Proper nail care includes cleanliness, av...
How does a bacterial infection affect onycholysis?
A bacterial infection often contributes to the development of onycholysis. If the bacterial infectio...
How is onycholysis related to a fungal infection?
A fungal infection can both cause and aggravate a case of onycholysis. In fact, nearly 50 percent of...