Can I take oral rehydration therapy when I am pregnant?

If you are pregnant or plan to get pregnant, you can take oral rehydration therapy. You should not need to take oral rehydration therapy if you eat a well balanced diet with ample fluids. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids while you are pregnant to prevent dehydration which can harm you and your baby. You should take oral rehydration packets along when you travel, especially to developing countries where the clean water and food supply may be inadequate.

Continue Learning about Nutritive Agent

Will the FDA Regulate Supplement Safety?
The teaser for the 2018 film Vitamania, a documentary about the history of supplements, recounts a disastrous 1913 Antarctic trek. The last two remain...
What are possible side effects of using supplements?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Sometimes a supplement or herb may counteract the effects of your prescription medication, leavi...
Are supplements safe?
Dietary supplements are safe when used as directed. This means taking the recommended dosage as ...
What risks are associated with Lipozene?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Because Lipozene is made of glucomannan, which is a fiber, the majority of side effects are just lik...