Can I eat burgers if I'm trying to lose weight?

Manuel Villacorta
The way many of us eat, we make burgers with full-fat beef, add cheese, and then avocado as well. However, you can enjoy that same burger, made with lean beef, topped with the proper serving of avocado, and a low-fat cheese.

You see, most people are eating their heart-healthy, "good for you" fats but also eating full-fat beef burgers without even thinking about it. Still other people eat their burgers without a bun because they've sworn off carbs. Eat a lean beef burger on a whole grain bun with avocado on top and you've got nothing to worry about. You've created the taste you crave while eating things you can feel great about -- and you will still lose weight!
Eating Free: The Carb-Friendly Way to Lose Inches, Embrace Your Hunger, and Keep Weight Off for Good

Eating Free reveals why the prevailing wisdom on weight loss--low-calorie, no carbs, high-intensity exercise--sharply clashes with the facts of human biology and human nature, setting dieters up for...
Heidi Skolnik, MS
Sports Medicine

Many people avoid burgers when trying to lose weight; but burgers contain valuable nutrients, and there are tricks to making them healthier and leaner. Watch nutritionist Heidi Skolnik reveal her tips for making and enjoying a healthier burger.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Get Slim: Take a Lunch Break!
Get Slim: Take a Lunch Break!
Eating lunch at your desk? Good for productivity, maybe. But very bad for your waistline. Research confirms it. Seems that eating when your mind is so...
What grains and starches should I eat if I want to lose weight?
Manuel VillacortaManuel Villacorta
Grains and starches (G&S) are carbohydrates, which include pastas, breads, rice, cereals, and beans....
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight6 Simple Healthy Eating Tricks for Losing Weight
Shed pounds without ever having to break a sweat.
How Can We Solve the Obesity Epidemic in the U.S.?