Why do I still have hot flashes while taking hormone medicine?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD

Every woman is different and it could be that you are having hot flashes because you need more hormones.  There are a variety of doses available for just that reason. If you are continuing to have hot flashes on treatment it is time to have your hormone levels checked and see your doctor. 

If you do not want to increase your hormones there are some things that you can do naturally. You may be able to reduce your hot flashes with exercise, healthy eating and the avoidance of alcohol. Acupuncture and yoga can also be quite helpful.

Continue Learning about Menopause

The Best Foods to Ease Menopause Symptoms
Hot flashes aren’t the only unwelcome part of menopause—the change also brings plenty of unsolicited advice. Friends and relatives who have already go...
Why does a woman's sex drive decrease after menopause?
Menopause does not mean your sex life is over. A survey found that most people between the ages of 5...
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
When Should I See a Doctor for Menopause Symptoms?