If I'm feeling sad during menopause, what can help me be more engaged?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine

During menopause, there are so many emotional changes that it is normal to feel sad or have emotional mood swings. It may take a new hobby or creative achievement to add some happiness to your life or increase self esteem. Feelings of sadness can be normal during this life change process, but if the feelings last for longer periods of time or become more severe, it is important to talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Menopause

Hormone Therapy Reconsidered—Again
Hormone Therapy Reconsidered—Again
In one episode of That 70’s Show, the mom, Kitty, is going through menopause. So, Dad and his son Eric decide to look up menopause in the encyclopedia...
Is menopause affected by when I started my first period?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Menopause for each woman is not based on when she first started menstruating. It isn't based on how ...
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
How Can Women Minimize Hot Flashes During Menopause?