If I'm feeling sad during menopause, what can help me be more engaged?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine

During menopause, there are so many emotional changes that it is normal to feel sad or have emotional mood swings. It may take a new hobby or creative achievement to add some happiness to your life or increase self esteem. Feelings of sadness can be normal during this life change process, but if the feelings last for longer periods of time or become more severe, it is important to talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Menopause

The Surprising Health Conditions That Strike After Menopause
Hot flashes, irregular periods, sleep disturbances, mood changes—these symptoms can combine to make menopause an uncomfortable experience. But once it...
Should I take menopause hormone therapy during menopause?
Dr. Kelly TraverDr. Kelly Traver
As far as hormone replacement therapy is concerned, the current recommendation is as follows: if you...
5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause
5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause
Even though your body is changing, there are proven ways to drop those unwanted pounds.
Why Anxiety Could be a Sign of Menopause