How can I prepare to discuss menopause concerns with my doctor?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine

Menopause symptoms are different for everyone. Your doctor can talk to you better when you have a list of the most critical issues to you. This list can include, not just the frequency of symptoms like hot flashes, but also emotional issues that concern your well-being. Be sure to discuss the most important questions or topics to you first so you don't run out of time. Don't hesitate to discuss any topics with your doctor so you can talk through treatment options together.

Continue Learning about Menopause

Hot Flashes, Night Sweats, and More
Hot Flashes, Night Sweats, and More
Feel like the only thing that fluctuates more than your hormones is the consensus on hormone therapy? The truth is, hormone therapy—used to manage men...
How can I help my partner as she goes through menopause?
Staness JonekosStaness Jonekos
Women who have a supportive partner often have a smoother transition through menopause. When she...
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
What Can I Do to Relieve Hot Flashes?
What Can I Do to Relieve Hot Flashes?