How can I prepare to discuss menopause concerns with my doctor?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine

Menopause symptoms are different for everyone. Your doctor can talk to you better when you have a list of the most critical issues to you. This list can include, not just the frequency of symptoms like hot flashes, but also emotional issues that concern your well-being. Be sure to discuss the most important questions or topics to you first so you don't run out of time. Don't hesitate to discuss any topics with your doctor so you can talk through treatment options together.

Continue Learning about Menopause

6 Things You Need to Know About Hormone Therapy
If you’re going through menopause or perimenopause, you may be experiencing symptoms such as hot flashes, sleep problems, vaginal dryness, or changes ...
How are antidepressants used to treat hot flashes?
Dr. Julia Schlam EdelmanDr. Julia Schlam Edelman
Low doses of certain antidepressants such as Paxil, Prozac, Effexor, or Lexapro can be used to decre...
5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause
5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause
Even though your body is changing, there are proven ways to drop those unwanted pounds.
How Can Women Minimize Hot Flashes During Menopause?