How can I find out if my Medicare application was accepted?

You can find out if your Medicare application was accepted by calling the Social Security office or by checking online at www.socialsecurity.gov. If you have not received an acceptance letter within 45 to 90 days of submitting your application, definitely call or check online. You will need to have your Medicare application number on hand.

Continue Learning about Medicare

Medicare

Medicare

Medicare is the federal health insurance plan for people over age 65 or who are long-term disabled. Eligibility and enrollment is through the Social Security Administration. Medicare has changed over the years, offering additional ...

options for healthcare insurance. Traditional Medicare includes Part A for hospital insurance and Part B for medical coverage, meaning it covers doctor visits and other medical bills. Part C, also called Medicare Advantage, allows private health insurance companies to provide Medicare benefits. Part D is a prescription drug plan. It's important to carefully assess your healthcare needs and which plan is right for you. Learn more about Medicare benefits with expert advice from Sharecare.