How can I find out if my Medicare application was accepted?

You can find out if your Medicare application was accepted by calling the Social Security office or by checking online at www.socialsecurity.gov. If you have not received an acceptance letter within 45 to 90 days of submitting your application, definitely call or check online. You will need to have your Medicare application number on hand.

Continue Learning about Medicare

How Medicare Part D Has Changed in 10 Years
Retirees gained the option to purchase prescription drug coverage through Medicare Part D in 2006. Since then, 24 million people have enrolled in pres...
Who developed Medicare?
Developing Medicare was (and still is) a team effort. Harry Truman came up with the original idea fo...
How can I enroll in Medigap insurance coverage?
You can enroll in Medicare and any supplemental Medicare plans when you file for retirement or disab...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?