<p>Whether you're wondering about <a href="/health/health-insurance/most-americans-get-insurance">types of plans</a> costs, insurance for seniors or even <a href="/health/health-insurance/what-health-insurance-generally-cover">coverage</a> details for <a href="/health/health-insurance/does-disease-affect-insurance-coverage">conditions</a> such as diabetes or cancer, you've come to the right place.</p>
What Is Medicare?4 Essential Questions, Answered
Affordable Care ActLearn these 6 must-know facts
Health Insurance Q&As
Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
What is health insurance?
<p>Health insurance is a formal agreement to provide and/or pay for medical care. The health insurance policy describes what medical services are "covered" by the insurance company. There are medical services that are not "covered" and will not be paid by your insurance company.</p><p>There are a variety of private and public health insurance programs. Most women obtain health insurance through their employer or as a "dependent" in a family plan. There also are public health insurance plans funded by the federal and state governments.</p><p>This information is based on source information from the National Women's Health Information Center.</p>
- QWhat is covered under health insurance if I have diabetes?
- QDoes health insurance cover preventive care?
- QWhat are some things I should know about health insurance after age 65?
- QWhat is private health insurance?
- QWhat are the different types of public health insurance?
- QDoes insurance cover hospice care?
- QHow do I use vision care insurance for eye exams?
- QWho pays for my travel expenses if I am a living organ donor?
- QWhat should a transplant recipient know about health insurance?
- QHow can I get health insurance benefits if I am unemployed?
- QIs medical underwriting in individual health insurance legal?
- QWhat do I do if my health insurance claim for cancer treatment is denied?
- QHow do I select a primary care doctor?
- QHow can I find a surgeon who participates in my insurance?
- QWhat is co-insurance?
- QWill my insurance cover VELscope test?
- QWho can collect Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?
- QCan I revoke my authorization to share my health information?
- QWhat are the origins of health insurance?
- QWhere do most Americans get their health insurance?
- QWho should consider travel insurance?
- QIs there a co-pay with vision plans?
- QWhat health information is protected by HIPAA?