Understanding How to File Claims
With most employer-sponsored health insurance plans, you do not have to file your own claims. If you have a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan or Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan, the medical provider's office usually files the claims. You will only pay the necessary co-payment or co-insurance for services covered under the plan.Read more
As out of your control as health insurance may seem at times, there are things you can do to make your whole experience better and easier -- whether you're looking to fight back when a claim's denied, dealing with the loss of a job or wondering how healthcare reform will affect you. Take control by reading the fine print and don't be shy about making changes to your health plan.
Is Your Adult Child Covered?Get the Family Coverage 4-1-1
Affordable Care ActLearn these 6 must-know facts
The percentage of uninsured Americans in 2011
Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index
Health Insurance Q&As
AARP Health Education
How can I get health insurance if my employer doesn't offer it?
The Affordable Care Act creates Health Insurance Martetplaces for people who don’t have coverage through their job. Marketplaces are new way for people to compare and buy health insurance. You’ll be able to...
- Q What do I do if my health insurance claim for cancer treatment is denied?
- Q What long-term needs should I consider when reviewing my life insurance?
- Q What is life insurance?
- Q What should a transplant recipient know about health insurance?
- Q What is a HIPAA notice?
- Q What are my rights as a patient?
- Q Does insurance cover hospice care?
- Q What should an insurance checklist for retirement or death include?
- Q What short-term needs should I consider when reviewing my life insurance?
- Q How do I know if a loved one needs long-term care insurance?
Recent Health Insurance Articles
Knowledge is power. Learn more about health insurance and take control of your rights with our action plan.
Take Advantage of Your ACA Preventive Care Benefits How to Break the Health Insurance-Stress Cycle Affordable Care Act: Is the Doctor In? What the Repeal of Obamacare Means for You See All Articles