How do I know if I have Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan?

You will know if you have Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan by checking your enrollment status. Your enrollment status shows the name of your plan, what type of coverage you have, and how long you’ve had it. You can check your status online at www.mymedicare.gov or call Medicare at 1-800-633-4227.

Your Medicare card should indicate if you have Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan. If your card does not have the information you need, you can always call Medicare at 800-633-4227 to find out what type of Medicare coverage you have. 

Continue Learning about Medicare

5 Reasons to Switch Medicare Part D Plans
Medicare beneficiaries can make changes to their prescription drug coverage between Oct. 15 and Dec. 7. This annual open enrollment period is when you...
How much does Medicare prescription drug coverage cost?
According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, the average monthly premium is about $40.72. But the co...
Where can I find Medicare eligibility rules?
You can get Medicare eligibility rules from the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?