How do I know if I have Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan?

You will know if you have Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan by checking your enrollment status. Your enrollment status shows the name of your plan, what type of coverage you have, and how long you’ve had it. You can check your status online at www.mymedicare.gov or call Medicare at 1-800-633-4227.

Your Medicare card should indicate if you have Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan. If your card does not have the information you need, you can always call Medicare at 800-633-4227 to find out what type of Medicare coverage you have. 

Continue Learning about Medicare

What Is Medicare? 4 Essential Questions, Answered
If you’ll soon be turning 65, you’re probably starting to think about Medicare, the federal health insurance program currently covering more than 55 m...
How much long-term care does Medicare cover?
Anthony CirilloAnthony Cirillo
People think that Medicare will carry the day for long term care. It does for no more than eight...
How is Medicare funded?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Medicare costs about $277 billion per year, roughly 13 percent of the total federal budget.Funding c...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?