Is there anyone I can talk to about my specific Medicare eligibility needs?

Yes. You can make an appointment with a Social Security representative at your local office by calling 1-800-772-1213. You can also call Medicare directly at 1-800-633-4227.

Finally, your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) provides free counseling and education to help you choose coverage. You can go online to www.shiptalk.org to find a counselor in your area.

Continue Learning about Medicare

How Medicare Part D Has Changed in 10 Years
Retirees gained the option to purchase prescription drug coverage through Medicare Part D in 2006. Since then, 24 million people have enrolled in pres...
Do I need to present my Medicare membership card at each doctor visit?
Just like with any insurance you have or have had, you will need to present your Medicare membership...
How is the donut hole in Medicare drug coverage going to close?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The Affordable Care Act attempts to address prescription drug costs for seniors by having Medicare P...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?