Is there anyone I can talk to about my specific Medicare eligibility needs?

Yes. You can make an appointment with a Social Security representative at your local office by calling 1-800-772-1213. You can also call Medicare directly at 1-800-633-4227.

Finally, your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) provides free counseling and education to help you choose coverage. You can go online to www.shiptalk.org to find a counselor in your area.

Continue Learning about Medicare

5 Reasons to Switch Medicare Part D Plans
Medicare beneficiaries can make changes to their prescription drug coverage between Oct. 15 and Dec. 7. This annual open enrollment period is when you...
How can I enroll in Medigap insurance coverage?
You can enroll in Medicare and any supplemental Medicare plans when you file for retirement or disab...
Who developed Medicare?
Developing Medicare was (and still is) a team effort. Harry Truman came up with the original idea fo...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?