Is there anyone I can talk to about my specific Medicare eligibility needs?

Yes. You can make an appointment with a Social Security representative at your local office by calling 1-800-772-1213. You can also call Medicare directly at 1-800-633-4227.

Finally, your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) provides free counseling and education to help you choose coverage. You can go online to www.shiptalk.org to find a counselor in your area.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What to Consider When Shopping for Medicare Coverage
Between October 15 and December 7, Medicare’s annual open enrollment period, millions of Medicare beneficiaries have a chance to make changes to their...
Does Medicare cover chiropractic care?
American Chiropractic AssociationAmerican Chiropractic Association
Yes, doctors of chiropractic are defined as “physicians” in the Medicare Program (1861(r) of the Soc...
How do I know if I’m eligible for Medicare?
You are eligible for Medicare if you are a U.S. citizen, 65 or over who had paid into Medicare f...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?