What exercises will target my outer calves?

A resistance exercise that will help target the outer calves is a standing calf raise with the toes pointed out.  Turning the toes out during the standing calf raise will emphasize the outer portion of the calf muscle.  If your goal is to emphasize the outer calf muscles for asthetic purposes this is the exercise for you; however, in most people the outer portion of the calf muscles are usually a overactive which contributes significantly to faulty movement in the lower extremities.  Because of this, unless you desire to develop the outer portion of the calf muscles for aesthetic reasons, a greater emphasis should be placed on flexibility of this part of the calf, and not on increasing strength or activity. 

Continue Learning about Leg Exercises

Bye-Bye Saddlebags: How to Slim Your Outer Thighs
Saddlebags sure are handy when you're riding a horse out on the trail or zooming along on a Harley, but when you're trying to slide into your favorite...
What can I do about my cankles?
If you have excessive weight or fat deposits in your lower calves the way to remove them is the same...
What exercises can I do to strengthen my lower body?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
Simple walking is an excellent exercise for your legs. Other worthwhile exercises include stair clim...
How Fequently Should I Stretch My Calves?