question

What can I use to get the odor of smoke off my skin?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
answer
When a person smokes, the cigarette smoke will cause their skin to smell for 2 different reasons.  First, the smoke leaves residue on the skin which is also deposited on clothing, hair, nails, etc.  This residue has actually been found to be carcinogenic, which means that the cancer causing agents are both in the smoke you inhale, but could also be on your furniture at home.  Bathing with soap and water should remove these.  Secondly, since the compounds from smoking are absorbed through the lungs, cigarette smoking causes changes in a person's sweat as well.  This will not resolve until your body clears these toxins from inside.  My advice - stop smoking.

Continue Learning about Impact Of Nicotine Addiction On The Body

Is there a link between smoking and heartburn?
Is there a link between smoking and heartburn? It has been found that smoking can cause heartburn. L...
How much does smoking affect my allergies?
How much does smoking affect my allergies? Research shows that smoking may worsen people's allergy s...
Will my sense of taste go back to normal once I stop smoking?
Will my sense of taste go back to normal once I stop smoking? Yes. Shortly after stopping smoking yo...
Will my voice go back to normal after I stop smoking?
Will my voice go back to normal after I stop smoking? Smoking can be a cause of voice change, specif...