What can I use to get the odor of smoke off my skin?

When a person smokes, the cigarette smoke will cause their skin to smell for 2 different reasons.  First, the smoke leaves residue on the skin which is also deposited on clothing, hair, nails, etc.  This residue has actually been found to be carcinogenic, which means that the cancer causing agents are both in the smoke you inhale, but could also be on your furniture at home.  Bathing with soap and water should remove these.  Secondly, since the compounds from smoking are absorbed through the lungs, cigarette smoking causes changes in a person's sweat as well.  This will not resolve until your body clears these toxins from inside.  My advice - stop smoking.

Continue Learning about Impact Of Nicotine Addiction On The Body

Impact Of Nicotine Addiction On The Body

Nicotine addiction is just as strong as addiction to alcohol or cocaine, and it causes changes in the brain that make you crave nicotine even more. Once inhaled into the lungs through smoke, nicotine is absorbed into the bloodstre...

am and carried throughout your body. Nicotine can affect the heart, blood vessels, hormones and brain function. Learn more from our experts about how to overcome it.