question

Does smoking affect the senses of taste and smell?

Discovery Health
Discovery Health
answer

Regular smokers often find that their senses of taste and smell will gradually fade. That results from the tar that coats their tongue and nasal passages. This may not be noticeable to a smoker until after he or she quits smoking and begins to notice changes in how foods taste and smell.

Continue Learning about Impact Of Nicotine Addiction On The Body

If I smoke but don't inhale, is there any danger?
If I smoke but don't inhale, is there any danger? Yes. Wherever smoke touches living cells, it does ...
What can I use to get the odor of smoke off my skin?
What can I use to get the odor of smoke off my skin? When a person smokes, the cigarette smoke will ...
Is cigar smoking as bad for heart health as cigarette smoking?
Is cigar smoking as bad for heart health as cigarette smoking? The effects of cigar smoking on cardi...
How does smoking cause breathing problems?
How does smoking cause breathing problems? Cigarette smoke inhibits the ability of your breathing tu...