question

What is functional flexibility?

National Academy of Sports Medicine
National Academy of Sports Medicine
answer
Functional flexibility is flexibility that utilizes a full range of motion. It involves foam rolling (self-myofascial release) as well as dynamic flexibility.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What devices can be used to measure flexibility?
What devices can be used to measure flexibility? For the trunk and lower extremity use a sit and rea...
Can inflexible hamstrings cause low back pain?
Can inflexible hamstrings cause low back pain? Yes, inflexible hamstrings may contribute to lower ba...
What muscle do most people need to stretch?
What muscle do most people need to stretch? Due to wearing elevated heels and sitting for long perio...
I sit at a desk all day and feel tight after a few hours, what can I do?
A great stretch you can do in your office to prevent tightness is the called the standing hip flexor...