What are the benefits of a cross-training shoe?

Cross training shoes are a hybrid of several different types of athletic footwear. They may have the heel cushioning of a running shoe, the lateral stability of a tennis shoe or basketball sneaker, and the forefoot cushioning of a volleyball shoe. They may be made of all leather type materials, or may have flexible materials like a running shoe around the toe or sides. The benefit of a cross-training shoe is that the shoe is versatile enough to be utilized for various activities, and for those who participate in different activities, but do not specialize in one.

Continue Learning about Fitness Footwear

What is a good walking shoe for my elderly parent?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
A walking shoe that has support is great for anyone. Prior to purchasing, you must find out if your ...
What benefits do toning shoes provide?
Anyone who walks regularly is familiar with the popularity of "toning" shoes. You know the shoes -- ...
How should I break in a new pair of athletic shoes?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
To break in a new pair of shoes, you should start by wearing them around the house. Allowing the...
What Are the Best Shoes to Wear to Protect Your Feet?