What are the benefits of a cross-training shoe?

Cross training shoes are a hybrid of several different types of athletic footwear. They may have the heel cushioning of a running shoe, the lateral stability of a tennis shoe or basketball sneaker, and the forefoot cushioning of a volleyball shoe. They may be made of all leather type materials, or may have flexible materials like a running shoe around the toe or sides. The benefit of a cross-training shoe is that the shoe is versatile enough to be utilized for various activities, and for those who participate in different activities, but do not specialize in one.

Continue Learning about Fitness Footwear

What are toning shoes and do they work?
Toning shoes were designed to allow you to mimic walking on an unstable surface the concept is that ...
How should I choose a running shoe?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Foot shape, foot motion and footstrike are the best metrics for selecting a running shoe. Try on a f...
How often should I change my athletic shoes?
How often an athlete needs to change their shoes depends somewhat on the size of the runner and ...
What Are the Best Shoes to Wear to Protect Your Feet?