What attitude do healthy people take toward fitness?

Healthy people generally maintain positive attitudes toward fitness. They see it as an integral part of their lifestyle and typically schedule regular periods of time to undertake physical activities. Healthy people think about the positive benefits that fitness brings into their lives and how these benefits can improve their overall quality of life. Once fitness has become incorporated into the a person's life and instilled as a steadfast habit, the positive consequence provide enough motivation to not only continue pursuing current fitness activities but also branch out into new fitness dimensions. Often, the most difficult part is beginning this cycle and engendering the pursuit of life-long fitness.
Fitness requires positive attitude, and healthy people require fitness. Fitness is just like breakfast, needs to be a part of daily life. Without your health, what else do you have?
Wendy Batts
Fitness
Let’s discuss this answer within the context of our attitudes toward exercise. I think often we look at workouts as just that: ”work”. Find any way to put some fun or meaning into your workouts. Folks that are fit will often see the immediate and long-term health benefits that come from exercise. This keeps them consistent over the long haul. Here are some suggestions that help you do the same…
  • Try a group exercise class: often exercising with others can be motivating in and of itself and before you know it, the workout is over
  • Seek out the help of a professional: they can make things fun
  • Relate workouts to recreational activities you enjoy doing: for example if you love golf then be sure your workouts improve your golf game (another reason to seek out the help of a professional)
  • Use workouts as the means to an end: remember how good you feel when they are completed, how much less stress you feel, the sense of accomplishment that comes with working out, few things motivate like instant gratification and there is definitely some to be had with a great workout

Continue Learning about Fitness

Take a Vacation—But Not From Your Workout
When entrepreneurial gadfly Richard Branson owned the hideaway for celebs, La Residencia, in Majorca, Spain, everyone from Princess Diana and Harrison...
The $5 Way to Slim Your Waist
The $5 Way to Slim Your Waist
Here's a simple piece of exercise equipment that costs about $5 but can help you burn over 200 calories in 30 minutes: a hula hoop. Ancient Greeks di...
Are the instructors teaching for the Parks and Recreation Dept. certified?
Jara Soost , NASM Elite TrainerJara Soost , NASM Elite Trainer
I am very happy to say that the Parks and Rec Department here (Gillette, Wyoming) only hires certifi...
How do I hold on to my dream of having a fit, healthy body?
Roshana Golstani, NASM Elite TrainerRoshana Golstani, NASM Elite Trainer
You can stay connected to your dream of having a fit, healthy body in two different ways:Hard way: D...