Why do my lungs burn when I exercise?

Your lungs burn during exercise because they are being used more than normal. This extra work that your lungs are doing may lead to an inflammatory process and also an engorgement of blood vessels in the lungs. When you exercise, more blood is sent to your lungs in order for the oxygen to be transferred to your blood vessels.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Just 20 Minutes to Younger Muscles
Just 20 Minutes to Younger Muscles
Just 20 minutes of this stuff a day can help keep your muscles young. We're talking about exercise. Yep, the timeless physique is just minutes away. ...
What is muscle fitness?
Mr. Donovan GreenMr. Donovan Green
Muscle fitness comes from strength training and conditioning. In this video, Dr. Oz's personal train...
5 Exercise Secrets to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss
5 Exercise Secrets to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss5 Exercise Secrets to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss5 Exercise Secrets to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss5 Exercise Secrets to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss
Trainer Donovan Green shares his tricks for calorie-burning success.
Want to Reduce Sweating? Try This Cool Tip