Why do my lungs burn when I exercise?

Your lungs burn during exercise because they are being used more than normal. This extra work that your lungs are doing may lead to an inflammatory process and also an engorgement of blood vessels in the lungs. When you exercise, more blood is sent to your lungs in order for the oxygen to be transferred to your blood vessels.

Continue Learning about Fitness

A Master Plan to Reduce Strokes
A Master Plan to Reduce Strokes
When 2015 Master’s champion, 21-year-old Jordan Spieth, came to Augusta National’s 10th hole this year, he held a five-shot lead after four straight b...
How can I make sure I do enough physical activity every week?
David BuerDavid Buer
Being active daily is important for everyone to maintain fitness and to prevent disease. Regular exe...
Ditch the Gym and Try These 10 Outdoor Activities
Ditch the Gym and Try These 10 Outdoor ActivitiesDitch the Gym and Try These 10 Outdoor ActivitiesDitch the Gym and Try These 10 Outdoor ActivitiesDitch the Gym and Try These 10 Outdoor Activities
Have fun in the sun this summer. It may even help you drop a few pounds.
Standing Core Workout
Standing Core Workout