What personal protective equipment should be in a first aid kit?

To prevent disease transmission when giving care, stock your first aid kit with personal protective equipment such as disposable gloves, CPR breathing barriers, eye protection and other supplies.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
How can I tell if an adult or a child is conscious at an emergency scene?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
The adult or child may be able to speak to you. He or she may be moaning, crying, making some ot...
What should I do if I have determined that an emergency scene is unsafe?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
If dangers threaten, stay at a safe distance and call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number immediatel...
Introducing the Texas Two Step CPR Campaign