Why might blood pressure go up when treating fibromyalgia?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
You may experience an increase in blood pressure as a side effect of taking certain medications for fibromyalgia. In most cases, the increase in blood pressure, if any, is modest. Your doctor will monitor you after you start taking any new medicine. If you have a significant increase in blood pressure, your doctor may recommend switching to a different medication. If your physician prescribes a medication for fibromyalgia, tell him or her if you have high blood pressure or if you are currently taking medication for high blood pressure.

Continue Learning about Fibromyalgia Treatment

How is light and sound sensitivity treated in fibromyalgia?
Some of the same treatments a doctor can prescribe to relieve pain related to fibromyalgia may also ...
Can I take Lyrica with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, you can. But make sure your doctor and pharmacist know all of your medicines you take and any h...
How do I know if my fibromyalgia treatments are working?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
To determine whether your fibromyalgia treatments are helpful, you first have to define what hel...
What Are the Criteria to Diagnose Fibromyalgia?