<p>Standing, bending, climbing, walking, running, jumping, lifting a baby—so many of our daily activities require healthy, functional joints. While some joints (like the knees) provide stability, others (like the wrists, ankles and hips) enable us to move. Learn how to protect your joints from injury and keep your joints healthy for life.</p>How Joints Work
Need to See an Orthopedic Specialist?We Can Help Find One Near You
What's your RealAge?Take the RealAge Test to find out your body's true age.
Joint Health Q&As
Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Are knee braces better than sleeves?
Both knee braces and neoprene sleeves stabilize and support your knee to reduce some of the weight and pressure on it. Knee braces are generally stiffer and sturdier than sleeves. Studies suggest that a brace improves pain, stiffness and physical function better than a sleeve. But using a sleeve was found to be better than not using any form of knee support.
- QWhat causes muscle cramps?
- QWhat is the rate of incidence of muscle cramps?
- QAre prescription medications available for degenerative disc disease?
- QWhat are the side effects of medications that treat ankylosing spondylitis?
- QWhat part of the body does ankylosing spondylitis affect?
- QIs there an ankylosing spondylitis gene?
- QWhat are the symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis?
- QWhat is a rotator cuff repair?
- QWhat is elbow bursitis?
- QWhat are the treatment options for a herniated lumbar disc?
- QWhat is a herniated disc?
- QWhat is degenerative disc disease (DDD)?
- QWhat is an orthopedic surgeon?
- QWhen should I first get checked for a spinal subluxation?
- QHow are rotator cuff tears treated?
- QWhat is flexibility?
- QWhat is the musculoskeletal system?
- QHow can I slow down my degenerative disc disease?
- QHow can I reduce back pain from a slipped disc?
- QWhat does a bulging disc in the neck mean?
- QDo I need surgery for a slipped disc?
- QWhat are the symptoms of a herniated disc?
- QWhat causes the muscle cramps in my legs?
- QWhat is a trigger finger?