Olean is a brand name for olestra, a food additive that can help you lose weight. Olestra is a non-caloric fat substitute that is used in many low-fat foods and snacks. It is composed of sugar and oil, but the molecules are so large that your body does not absorb them. However, olestra interferes with the body's absorption of some vitamins; thus, many olestra-containing products have added extra fat-soluble vitamins like carotenoids.
- Q What kind of visceral fat in my body can be harmful?
- Q What are the healthy and unhealthy sources of fat in the diet?
- Q Can consuming too much fatty acid be unhealthy?
- Q Why should I eat healthy fat at the beginning of a meal?
- Q Why are fat free dressings harmful?
- Q What are the types of fat that I should know about?