Olean is a brand name for olestra, a food additive that can help you lose weight. Olestra is a non-caloric fat substitute that is used in many low-fat foods and snacks. It is composed of sugar and oil, but the molecules are so large that your body does not absorb them. However, olestra interferes with the body's absorption of some vitamins; thus, many olestra-containing products have added extra fat-soluble vitamins like carotenoids.
- Q Is it possible to have too little fat intake in my diet?
- Q What type of fat does coconut oil contain?
- Q How should I choose healthy dietary fats?
- Q How can I include omega fatty acids in my diet?
- Q What should I know about odd omega fatty acids 3, 5, 7 and 9?
- Q What causes a beer belly?